East Central - Search & Find - Audio-Visual
Use the following IMAGE collections to illustrate your coursework:
For VIDEOS, consider:
- Use this IvyCat quick search for videos in Ivy Tech East Central Libraries (including online videos): Use " " around search terms to search a phrase. Use Boolean AND, OR, NOT between terms.
Online Video Collection -- Click for a list of streaming academic videos available to support the curriculum, or use this search form:
- Movie Archive (from Internet Archive) -- Moving Images library of free movies, films, and videos. This library contains thousands of digital movies which range from classic full-length films, to daily alternative news broadcasts, to videos of every genre uploaded by Archive users. Many of these movies are available for download. [If their server is busy, page may not load.]
Find AUDIO files at the following sites:
- Audio Archive (from Internet Archive) -- Audio and MP3 library contains over a hundred thousand free digital recordings ranging from alternative news programming, to Grateful Dead concerts, to Old Time Radio shows, to book and poetry readings, to original music uploaded by our users. Many of these audios and MP3s are available for free download.
- FindSounds -- Allows you to search for sound effects. You can find sounds from animals, insects, musical instruments, machines, nature, and so forth; find audio files in WAV, AIFF, and AU formats.
- History and Politics Out Loud -- A searchable archive of politically significant audio materials for scholars, teachers and students. HPOL is a component of "Historical Voices" funded by the National Endowment for the Humanities in partnership with Michigan State University.
- NAXOS Spoken Word Library -- Listen to classic fiction, non-fiction, plays, poetry, children's literature, and more.
- NAXOS Music Library -- The world's largest online classical music library with streaming access to thousands of CDs.
- NAXOS Music Library Jazz -- One of the most comprehensive collections of jazz music available online. More than 500 jazz artists are represented.