Services - Richmond
The Ivy Tech Community College Libraries are full partners in the educational and workforce development mission of the College. The libraries teach research strategies, support the curriculum, and encourage independent and lifelong learning by providing the space, information resources, instruction, and related services essential for academic success. The Libraries advance information literacy, critical thinking, and collaborative learning in a welcoming environment that promotes, and is enriched by, the diverse cultural and intellectual interests of students, faculty, and community.
- Borrowing Privileges -- Books check out for 2 weeks and may be renewed in person, by telephone, or through IvyCat on the web.
- Reserves -- Many items, including several current textbooks, are available for use in the Library.
- Interlibrary Loan (ILL) -- If we do not have the book or article you're looking for, we will do our best to borrow the item for you from another Library. PLEASE NOTE: We do not ILL textbooks. Further, ILL is a privilege that can be suspended.
- Study Area--The library is a great place to study. There are tables for groups to meet together and individual workstations for quiet study.
- Group Study Rooms -- There are three private study rooms equipped with desktop computers. Ask at the Circulation Desk to reserve one of the rooms.
- Tutoring-- Math tutoring and the Writing Center are located inside the library in room 1187. During the semester the center is open Monday-Thursday 9 am-6 pm and Friday 9 am-4 pm.
- Food & Drink Permitted -- Quiet food is allowed. Drinks must have spill-proof lids. Please dispose of trash in an appropriate container. Report spills immediately to Library staff.
- Copy Machine
- Three-Hole Punch
- Computer Workstations with Internet Access.
- Visitors without a Campus Connect account may request a temporary username and password at the circulation desk. This temporary account will be accessible for 24 hours.
- Wireless Printing--Students may access wireless printing by visiting print.ivytech.edu/
- Wireless Internet Access-- Users will need to browse their available wireless networks and select appropriately either "IvyStudent," "IvyStaff," or "IvyGuest." A Campus Connect username and password is required to access the network.
- Printing-- Each student will have a $5 balance in their printing account at the beginning of each semester. The funds will be subtracted from the student's account via their computer login. (It is very important to logout so someone else will not use their account to print.)
- Reference -- If you need help finding information for your research project, stop by the Circulation desk in the Library for assistance.
- Ask-a-Librarian -- If you are off-campus, use the convenient Ask-a-Librarian service to contact a Librarian.
Patrons with Disabilities
- Wheelchair Accessible Facilities
- Assistance in retrieving books, magazines, and videos from the shelves