MLA is a citation style created by the Modern Language Association and is published in the MLA Handbook.
PURDUE OWL MLA PAGE
This site provides instructions for citing books, articles, electronic sources, and more. See the column on the left of the page for a list of citations forms for different types of materials.
MLA Sample Paper READ THE SAMPLE PAPER BEFORE STARTING YOUR PAPER! It provides directions for all elements of a paper written in MLA style.
FORMAT A WORD DOCUMENT IN MLA STYLE
1. Open a new Word file, enter mla in the search box, and then press the enter key on your keyboard.
2. Select MLA STYLE PAPER.
3. Double-click the top of the paper to open the header (1). Click on LAST NAME (2) to highlight that section; enter your last name.
4. To close the header, either double-click in the header (1) or click the CLOSE HEADER box (2).
5. Click on YOUR NAME to highlight the section and enter your first and last name. Do the same for the instructor name, course number and date. NOTE: MLA requires that the date be written as day month and year; e.g.,12 March 2018.
6. Highlight TITLE and enter the title of your paper. If your title does not have a subtitle, erase the colon and SUBTITLE.
7. Delete everything in the document from below your title...
8. ...to the end of page 4.
9. Now you are ready to start typing your paper.
FORMAT A CITATION IMPORTED FROM A DATABASE
1. When you paste the citation into your document, a box will appear. Under PASTE OPTIONS, select the third icon.
2. Edit the citation (you will need to italicize the title of the book or journal).
3. HANGING INDENT: