- Choose a topic and then narrow it down to a more specific research question
- Well defined topics generate focus results, making it easier to choose the most results
- Topics that are too broad yield messy search results and lead to more work
Develop Research Strategy
- A research strategy is your game plan
- A game plan focuses your research on the most likely sources and search terms
- Without a game plan it is easy to get frustrate randomly approaching your research.
- Exploring a variety of sources
- Use different types of resources
- Make research more interesting
- Choosing the most relevant results will help you answer your research questions.
- Select results and are current and reputable.
- Make sure resources meet the criteria for your assignment.