Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Types of Resources
Periodicals are published on a regular basis. Examples are journals, magazines, newspapers and trade publications.
- Journals are specialized periodicals with generally long authoritative articles aimed at a professional audience. They are usually published quarterly or annually and most are peer reviewed.
- Magazines are more popular and often contain short articles and lots of advertising. They are geared to the lay person or casual reader.
- Newspapers are serial publications, usually printed on newsprint and generally issued daily or weekly, containing news, editorial comment, columns, advertising, comics, etc.
- Trade Publications are serials that focus on industry, product and business information in a magazine or newspaper format.
- Peer Reviewed articles are reviewed by individual experts or a panel of experts prior to being accepted for publication.
Articles and Reports
You may want to begin your search by reviewing the current literature on your specific topic. The rersources below will lead you to journals, newsletters and trade journals which cover busines, economics, polling and consumer attitudes.
Requires registration, but some information and articles are accessible without registration. Registration is free.
"Target Marketing covers all direct response media, including direct mail, e-mail, telemarketing, space advertising, the Web and direct response TV." SOME INFO REQUIRES REGISTRATION.
"a magazine which was solely dedicated to search engine marketing" MANY ARTICLES FREE
Browse Marketing Periodicals
The link below will give you a list of magazines and journals on Marketing that are available full-text in the Library databases.