Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
The Google Method
Follow link to watch a video about using google to find you lay and scientific articles.
Google Method Video
Google News http://news.google.com is a news aggregating websites, that pulls news articles from all kinds of news websites and media outlets.
Try looking in the Health and Science sections, for an article related to biology.
You want to find and article that talks about a scientific study. It also must have enough clues to lead us back to the original piece of scientific research.
You will need at least 2 of the following clues.
- The Subject
- The title of the Journal, the scientific article was published in
- The title of the scientific article
- The date the scientific article was published.
- the author of the scientific article.
If you are off campus, you must set your Google Scholar preferences to the Ivy Tech Libraries.
- Select "Settings" from the link upper right corner.
- Select Library links from the tab at the left.
- Search for Ivy Tech Community College.
- Make sure you check the box next to Ivy Tech and save.
When you link to a full text article from off campus you will be presented with a log-in screen. Log in with your Campus Connect ID and password.