HathiTrust began in 2008 as a collaboration of the universities of the Committee on Institutional Cooperation and the University of California system to establish a repository to archive and share their digitized collections. HathiTrust has quickly expanded to include additional partners and to provide those partners with an easy means to archive their digital content. HathiTrust now provides access to thousands of full-text books.
One may ask, why study history? The following articles will focus upon this issue:
Teaching and Learning History:
· American Historical Association, "Statement on Excellent Classroom Teaching of History"
· American Historical Association, "Teaching and Learning in the Digital Age: Reconceptualizing the Introductory Survey Course"
· Henry, Michael. "Constructivism in the Community College Classroom."
· History Teacher --Nov2002, Vol. 36 Issue 1, p65, 10p
· Pack, Thomas. "History Comes Alive Online." Information Today Mar. 2004, Vol. 21 Issue 3, p25, 2p
· Sterns, Peter N. "Why Study History?" American Historical Association website
· Warren, Wilson J. "Improving Critical Thinking Skills in the United States Survey Course...." History Teacher --Nov. 2002, Vol. 36 Issue 1, p65, 10p