Borrowing a book from another library
What if you find the book you need for your research project, but it's at another library?
If the book you need is at another library, make an interlibrary loan request so that you can pick it up at your own Ivy Tech college library site. There's no fee for this service!
The steps for getting a book from another library are simple:
1. Tell your local Ivy Tech library staff the author and title of the book.
2. Give your local Ivy Tech library staff your complete contact information: name, phone number, email.
3. If the book is available, library staff will make the request. The book will be shipped to your Ivy Tech library. Allow up to 2 weeks for delivery.
4. Pick up the book at your local Ivy Tech library and enjoy! To check out your book you must bring a current Ivy Tech ID with you.
5. Return the book to your local Ivy Tech library. Library staff will send it back to the library where it belongs.