Wabash Valley - About - Policies & Services
Policies & Services
The primary mission of the library at Ivy Tech is to provide access to materials, information, and services that support and supplement the educational mission of the College. The library's primary users are students, faculty, and staff at Ivy Tech. The library serves as a source of instruction and assistance in the use of its resources and services.
Purpose and Use
The Library Staff invite you to visit the libraries to pursue research projects, type papers, or just relax with a good book or magazine. Our libraries respect the need for individual study but also understand that small groups may need to study together. Using them is a privilege that is shared by all. Therefore,
• Cell phones are to be used courteously - turn ringers off or set to vibrate and step outside of the libraries to talk and keep conversations private.
• Unsupervised children are prohibited in the Library.
• Copying of computer software (including programs, applications, databases and codes) without a license or permission from the author or publisher is strictly prohibited.
• Obscenities should not be used in the Library in graphical, written or oral form.
• No one should deliberately attempt to degrade, disrupt or in any way interfere with the work of others.
Information Resources Collection Policies
The primary mission of the library at Ivy Tech is to provide access to materials, information, and services that supports and supplements the educational mission of the College.
To further develop its collection, the Library's top priority is to purchase information resources and online access that directly support the needs of the students and faculty. The Library also recognizes its responsibility to respond to the needs of the College, faculty, administration, and staff, and to provide general information and some recreational reading for all its users.