FORMAT A WORD DOCUMENT IN APA STYLE
1. Open Word, type apa in the search box, then press ENTER on your keyboard.
2. Select APA STYLE PAPER.
3. Double-click the top of the paper to open the header (1). Click on SHORTEN TITLE (2) to highlight that section.
4. Press CAPS LOCK on your keyboard and enter the title of your paper. To close the header, either double-click in the header (1) or click the CLOSE HEADER box (2).
5. Click ADD TITLE HERE and enter the title of your paper. The text should be typed normally, not in all capital letters.
6. Enter your name.
7. Enter the name of your college.
8. Delete everything in the document below your college name, from the title page...
9. ...to the bottom of page 8.
10. Now you have just the title page and are ready to start typing your paper.
FORMAT A CITATION IMPORTED FROM A DATABASE
1. When you paste the citation into your document, a box will appear. Under PASTE OPTIONS, select the third icon.
2. Edit the citation (you will need to italicize the title of the book or journal).
3. HANGING INDENT: highlight citation
4. Click on line spacing icon in menu (1) and select LINE SPACING OPTIONS (2).
5. Click the dropdown menu marked SPECIAL (1) and select HANGING INDENT (2).