Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Nursing & Allied Health Database: The Nursing and Allied Health Database contains over 715 titles in full-text, abstracting and indexing for more than 850 titles, and more than 12,000 full-text dissertations. .
Biography in Context-Search biographies of hundreds of leading health care professionals
Credo Reference-56 reference books on health sciences including dictionaries and encyclopedias
Global Road Warrior-research country statistics such as climate, health care, culture and life cycles
NewsBank-search archival American newspapers from 1690-2000
EBSCOhost houses some of the most extensive research databases in the nation. Listed below are subject related databases that will help streamline your research.
- Academic Search Premier: This multi-disciplinary database provides full text for more than 4,600 journals, including full text for nearly 3,900 peer-reviewed titles. PDF back files to 1975 or further are available for well over one hundred journals, and searchable cited references are provided for more than 1,000 titles.
- CINAHL with Full Text: This authoritative resource for professionals, students, and educators includes over 600 nursing and allied health journals.
- MasterFILE Premier: Designed specifically for public libraries, this multidisciplinary database provides full text for nearly 1,700 periodicals with full-text information dating as far back as 1975. Covering virtually every subject area of general interest, MasterFILE Premier also contains full text for nearly 500 reference books and over 164,400 primary source documents, as well as an Image Collection of over 592,000 photos, maps & flags. This database is updated daily via EBSCOhost.
- Health Source-Nursing Academic Edition: This database provides nearly 550 scholarly full text journals focusing on many medical disciplines. Health Source: Nursing/Academic Edition also features the AHFS Consumer Medication Information, which covers 1,300 generic drug patient education sheets with more than 4,700 brand names.
- Health Source-Consumer Edition: This database is the richest collection of consumer health information available to libraries worldwide, providing information on many health topics including the medical sciences, food sciences and nutrition, childcare, sports medicine and general health. Health Source: Consumer Edition provides access to nearly 80 full text, consumer health magazines.
- Biomedical Reference Collection-Basic: Designed for doctors, research scientist, students and clinical specialists, this database provides full text for over 100 journals in a variety of areas pertaining to medical study. All titles included in the Biomedical Reference Collection: Basic Edition are indexed in MEDLINE.
- Medline: MEDLINE provides authoritative medical information on medicine, nursing, dentistry, veterinary medicine, the health care system, pre-clinical sciences, and much more. Created by the National Library of Medicine, MEDLINE uses MeSH (Medical Subject Headings) indexing with tree, tree hierarchy, subheadings and explosion capabilities to search citations from over 5,400 current biomedical journals.
- AHFS Consumer Medication Information: AHFS Consumer Medication Information is a trusted source and recognized standard for patient drug information, available in both English and Spanish. Published by the American Society of Health-System Pharmacists, AHFS includes more than a thousand drug information monographs written in lay language for consumers and has been a Top Ten Award Winner in the Department of Health and Human Services National Consumer Education Materials Contest. This content is updated monthly.
- Health Business FullTEXT: This database provides full text coverage for more than 130 well-known administrative journals. Critical for hospital administrators and managers, this database includes publications covering the business of health care administration and much more. Click here for a complete title list. Click here for more info.
Publication Finder is used to search for journals by title or subject. Begin your search here!
Google Scholar is a free service that indexes abstracts and full text articles across an array of academic topics. You can access Google Scholar here!