Borrow Technology Overview Blurb
LAPTOPS & GOPROS
The library has ten laptop computers and five GoPro cameras available for use by currently enrolled students. The computer is a Dell Latitude E5550 laptop, with battery, a recharger and cord, and a carrying case. Each GoPro kit contains a GoPro HERO4 Silver camera, a 32GB microSDHC memory card, a carrying case, (2) re-cahargable batteries, a protective housing with (3) different backdoors, a hand grip, head-mount, clip-mount, and a quick start guide.
Laptops & GoPro Overview
Only Ivy Tech Fort Wayne students who meet the following conditions may check out laptop computers:
- completed their first semester of classes,
- have a cumulative grade point average of at least 2.0,
- have a recommendation from an Ivy Tech Fort Wayne faculty member in whose class they are currently enrolled,
- have no outstanding fines or overdue materials from the Ivy Tech Fort Wayne library.
- students must present their current Ivy Tech ID card to check out laptops.
- Students will have to provide proof of their grade point average (they may log on to library computers to find and print their GPA) and a faculty recommendation every semester.
Students may also check out laptop computers for use within the library. Visit the library for more details.
Laptops & GoPros Checkout
To see Ivy Tech Library's Borrower's Agreement for Laptops or GoPros click below:
A member of the faculty needs to email library staff to tell them that he/she believes that the student is responsible and can be trusted with the computer or GoPro camera. (The faculty member bears no financial responsibility if the device is damaged or is not returned.) Faculty should send their emails, from their Ivy Tech email accounts, to:
Library Equipment Overview
The Ivy Tech Fort Wayne Library has friendly, knowledgeable people, the most hardware and software, and the longest hours of any student computer facility on campus. The Library has 50-desktop computers, 10-Laptops, 2-CAD Stations, and 2-iMacs available for student use. These computers are pre-loaded with various software applications and plugins to accommodate Ivy Tech Community College coursework. Students are unable to install their own applications onto the computers but may request software used in their course to be installed. View complete list of library equipment specs and software.