How do you access Zoom? There are three main ways:
1. All users can use the portal to login to their account using their Ivy Tech credentials.
2. Full-time faculty and staff can access Zoom using the desktop application. This option is installed by IT on Ivy Tech computers. Ivy Tech computer labs and libraries do not have the desktop application installed. Users can still use the portal (option 1) and IvyLearn (option 3) to access the program.
3. All faculty and student users can access Zoom by logging into IvyLearn. This is the recommended access method for instructor-to-student, student-to-student, and synchronous online instruction. Staff can also use IvyLearn if they are enrolled in an organization or course.
1. Accessing Zoom Using the Portal
Go to https://ivytech.zoom.us. It is recommended that you use either Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox as your web browser. Once you are there, click on the Sign in button.
You will then be asked to sign in using your Ivy Tech email address. After entering your Ivy Tech credentials, continue to follow the prompts to login to Zoom.
Once you are logged into your official Zoom account, you will see your account administrative tab. You may use this website to create, start, or join Zoom meetings. This is also where you will set up your profile and meeting preferences.
*IF NEEDED…In the top right, under Resources, click on the first option Download Zoom Client (Zoom Desktop APP) if your machine doesn’t already have this software.
2. Accessing Zoom Using the Desktop Client
The Zoom Client is a shortcut that can be used to easily utilize all of your Zoom tools. This includes starting a meeting, joining a meeting, scheduling a meeting, sharing your screen, or using Zoom Chat.
To find the desktop client, click the Zoom icon on your desktop or use the search feature on the taskbar.
3. Accessing Zoom Using IvyLearn
Faculty, Students and some staff can access Zoom by following these steps.
a. Login into IvyLearn.
b. Select your course.
c. Click Zoom from the course menu.
(If you do not see Zoom on your course menu, this means your instructor has not yet enabled it as a feature. Check with them to see if they are planning to use Zoom as part of their instruction for the course)
Got questions you don't see an answer to here? The Educational Technology staff will be happy to help! Click the photo or use the email listed below to connect.
Educational Technology Assistant