Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Table of Contents
How do I submit my writing?
Responses take up to 48 business hours, Monday through Friday. Papers submitted on the weekend (after 5:00 PM Friday-Sunday) will be returned by the following Wednesday. Please plan ahead when you send your papers so that we can best help you.
To submit a paper:
- Log into your Ivy Tech email. Ivy Tech COWS only accepts submissions from @ivytech.edu email addresses. Do not send papers from your personal email or from any other account if you want to receive a response.
- In the body of your email message, please include the following:
- Your name
- Your C Number
- Your instructor's name
- The course name (for example, English 111)
- The assignment (Informative Synthesis, Response, etc.)
- Specific details of how we can help you (examples: please look at my thesis and support; please help me with comma splices; please make suggestions for organizing my paper, etc.)
- Save your paper in doc, docx, odt, or rtf format using the following naming convention: Lastname_Firstname_date. We do NOT accept PDFs, Google Drive, or notepad documents.
- Upload your paper as an attachment. Papers copied and pasted into the body of the email will not be accepted.
- Send your email to email@example.com.
- You will receive a response within 48 business hours (see Turnaround Schedule page for details).