Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
As part of your Ivy Tech alumni benefits, the Carter Library offers you access to a variety of resources pertaining to your personal and professional interests.
Information services are just as important now as they were when you were a student. Be sure to take advantage of all of the valuable library resources available to you.
As an Ivy Tech alumnus, you have on-campus access to the following library privileges:
- A wide range of virtual resources
- More than 9,000 print titles
- Over 100,000 eBooks
- Numerous PC & Mac computers in the Carter Library labs
- Photocopying and scanning equipment
- Use of resource guides & tutorials
- Research and reference assistance
Please note: Services that are not available to alumni include off-campus access to databases, interlibrary loan privileges and the borrowing of laptop computers.
Notes & Tips
When visiting the Carter Library, consider bringing the following items:
- A valid government-issued photo I.D. in order to receive a community patron library card. Community cardholders may check out:
- Up to three books for a loan period of two weeks
- Back issue periodicals and circulating multimedia for a loan period of one week
- Any "in-library use only" items such as headphones and memory card readers
- A flash drive to back up personal documents
- Money if planning to make photocopies
- 5 cents per page for black & white photocopies
- Scanning is free
Note: The Carter Library cannot make change. Patrons may use the ATM available behind the Koch Student Center.
Online Library Catalog
Over 100,000 eBooks are available for reading online through the IvyCat library catalog. This is a brief sampling of titles which may prove useful with regards to your professional pursuits.
Many of these titles are hosted by Books 24x7. This service is free, but does require you to create an account before accessing the titles. Remember to use your @ivytech.edu e-mail address.
Information on the history, people, government, economy, geography, communications, transportation, military, etc. of entities across the world; government site maintained by the Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) of the United States
If you'd prefer to search within specific publications, or browse the titles to see what's available, you can go here to see our list of full-text journals covering international commerce.