Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Course Reserves Policy
Carter Library maintains many textbooks, DVD's and other material on reserve for short-term use in the library. Every attempt is made to have as many materials available as possible each semester for our face-to-face classes. However, for various reasons, we may not be able to acquire certain titles.
- Course Reserve material may checkout for a 2-hour period, unless otherwise noted
- Course Reserve material may not be removed from the library.
- Course Reserve material cannot be placed on hold.
- Students must show an Ivy Tech photo ID to checkout library resources
- Course Reserve material must be returned to the front desk for discharge. Users are responsible for items checked out to them.
Course Reserve material not returned is subject to fines and/or replacement costs.
How to use this guide:
- Please use this guide to see if we have anything on reserve for your class.
- Select the tab that has the abbreviation for your class. For example, English Composition will be under ENGL for English.
- Look for the box that has your course number. For Example, English Composition is ENGL 111.
- Click on the resource to view the item's detailed catalog record.
- Scroll down to the Library Holdings section.
- Look for the location of "Temporarily Shelved at Evansville Reserve Shelf."
- Check the status of the item.
- Available or Discharged - The item is available for use.
- Charged - The item is currently checked out. The due date and time will be listed.
- Overdue or lost - the item is checked out and late being returned. The date and time the item was due is listed.
We welcome all Course Reserve material to aid our students in their classes. Many students benefit greatly from having these materials available to them in Carter Library. If you have duplicate copies of textbooks or other materials, please feel free to complete the form linked below and hand deliver these items to Carter Library staff for processing and placement on reserve. Existing Carter Library materials may also be placed on Course Reserve. Please note: The library will not purchase textbooks. Required textbooks must be provided by Ivy Tech instructors or departments.
Please use the link below to begin the process of placing an item on the Course Reserve shelf.
Carter Library Reserve Request Form
It is important to contact Carter Library staff when you wish to remove any materials or replace them with something else. Each Spring, all faculty will be contacted via email and asked to confirm if Course Reserve material should remain. If you do not contact us with your confirmation, your items will be removed and returned to you over the summer break.