Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
- How do I borrow a book from the library?
First time borrowers may need to:
- confirm existing Library system information
- provide proof of school registration
- provide student identification number (or "C" number).
- How many books may I borrow at one time? How long can I keep a book?
Up to 10 items can be checked out at any one time. Books are checked out for 2 weeks at a time. A book may be renewed unless another patron has placed a hold on it. Books may not be checked out over semester breaks unless you are registered for classes for the following semester.
- Can I return books to any Ivy Tech Library?
All items must be returned to either the Kokomo or Logansport library. Exceptions may be made for special circumstances, but you will need to check with the Kokomo library first before dropping items off anywhere else.
- How do I renew a book?
Books may be renewed in one of 2 ways:
- Visit the library in person.
- Call your campus library:
- Kokomo library (765-459-0561 x7515)
- Logansport library (574-753-5101 x2234)
- Are there fines for overdue, damaged, or lost books?
A book that is 15 – 28 days overdue will have a $3.00 fine assessed. Books that are returned 29 or more days late are considered lost and will each incur a $5.00 overdue fine. If a book is lost or heavily damaged, you will be charged the replacement cost of the book. Fines and/or fees are paid at the Bursar’s Office. PLEASE NOTE: If you fail to pay your fines and/or fees, your borrowing privileges will be suspended and you will not be able to register for classes, graduate, or get a copy of your transcripts until your account is paid-in-full.
- Can I check out DVDs?
DVDs may be checked out for one (1) week and renewed up to three (3) times.
- If you don't have the book I need, can you get it?
Books and journal articles not available in our library may be requested from other libraries through Interlibrary Loan. The delivery time varies and could take between a few days to 2 weeks. Please see our request material page for more information.