View the Library Brochure | View the Library FAQ | View the Virtual Tour
The Ivy Tech Community College Libraries are full partners in the educational and workforce development mission of the College. The libraries teach research strategies, support the curriculum, and encourage independent and lifelong learning by providing the space, information resources, instruction, and related services essential for academic success. The Libraries advance information literacy, critical thinking, and collaborative learning in a welcoming environment that promotes, and is enriched by, the diverse cultural and intellectual interests of students, faculty, and community.
- Borrowing Privileges -- Books and magazines check out for 2 weeks and may be renewed in person, by telephone, or through IvyCat on the web. Videos check out for 1 week and may be renewed one time.
- Reserves -- Many items, including several current textbooks, are available for use in the Library.
- Interlibrary Loan (ILL) -- If we do not have the book or article you're looking for, we will do our best to borrow the item for you from another Library. PLEASE NOTE: We do not ILL textbooks. Further, ILL is a privilege that can be suspended. Check our ILL-FAQ page for details.
- Private Study Carrels
- Quiet Study Area -- The Library is the only designated quiet area on campus.
- Group Study Rooms
- Food & Drink Permitted -- Quiet and unobtrusive food is allowed. Drinks must have spill-proof lids. Please dispose of trash in an appropriate container. Report spills immediately to Library staff.
- Computer Lab for Instruction
- DVD Viewing on Computers
- Audio Splitter Box for DVD Viewing by Multiple Users
- Flash Drives
- Cell Phone Chargers
- Copy Machine (5 cents per page)
- Scan to email
- Fax to U.S. numbers
- Paper Cutter
- Three-Hole Punch
- Computer Workstations with Internet Access
- Microsoft Office Software
- Laser Jet Printing -- Students are permitted a $5 quota per semester. This can be used for black & white prints at 5 cents per page or 3 1/2 cents for duplexed pages. Color prints are 30 cents per page or 45 cents for duplexed pages. Additional print allotments may be purchased from the Business Office or through the Student Dashboard in MyIvy. For Power Point presentations, please print multi-slides per page. Ask for assistance at the desk if needed.
- Wireless Internet Access -- Users will need to browse their available wireless networks and select appropriately either "IvyStudent," "IvyStaff," or "IvyGuest." An Ivy Tech username and password is required to access the IvyStaff and IvyStudent networks.
- Wireless printing is also available (black & white only).
- Acceptable Use Policy
- Reference -- If you need help finding information for your research project, stop by the main desk in the Library for assistance.
- Ask-a-Librarian -- If you are off-campus, use the convenient Ask-a-Librarian service to contact a Librarian.
- Fax Service -- Self service faxing is available at the Xerox machine in the Library. Currently, faxing to international numbers is not permitted. Other restrictions may apply. Ask at the desk if you need assistance.
- Check the FAQ page for information about our policies and services.
Patrons with Disabilities
- Contact Disability Services for information: Dr. Cara Reader at Disability Support Services in Room C139 - Bloomington-DSS@ivytech.edu - Phone: 812-330-6046 - Toll Free: 1-866-447-0700 - Fax: 1-812-330-6242
- Wheelchair Accessible Facilities
- Closed Captioned Videos
- Assistance in retrieving books, magazines, and videos from the shelves
- Media and print materials about people with disabilities