View the Library Brochure | View the Library FAQ | View the Virtual Library Tour | View the Virtual Learning Commons Tour
The Ivy Tech Community College Libraries are full partners in the educational and workforce development mission of the College. The libraries teach research strategies, support the curriculum, and encourage independent and lifelong learning by providing the space, information resources, instruction, and related services essential for academic success. The Libraries advance information literacy, critical thinking, and collaborative learning in a welcoming environment that promotes, and is enriched by, the diverse cultural and intellectual interests of students, faculty, and community.
Statement on Covid-19
The Library will be following all guidelines as stated in Ivy Tech Covid-19 (Coronavirus) Updates.
Research Help and Access to Online Resources
- The library subscribes to a plethora of databases that provide access to thousands of online ebooks, articles from magazines and scholarly journals, streaming videos, and more. You can view the complete list of our resources at the Bloomington A - Z page.
- Librarians are available to assist you with your research. For in-person services, stop by D123. For online services, visit Ask-a-Librarian where you can contact us by phone, text, email, or chat. We are also happy to schedule a Zoom call for personalized service.
Borrowing and Returning Materials
- Our book stacks are open.
- Books, audio-books, and magazines check out for 2 weeks.
- DVDs check out for 1 week.
- Current textbooks for many classes are on Reserve. View the complete list on our Course Reserves page. Reserve textbooks check out for 2 hours and must remain in the Library. If you know that you need a specific book, call ahead and make an appointment. We'll have the book waiting for you when you arrive.
- Anatomy models are also on Reserve. View the complete list on our Anatomy Library Guide. Models check out for 2 hours and may be used in the Library or in the Learning Commons.
- Calculators and other reserve items may check out for up to 1 night. Ask for details at our check-out desk.
- Interlibrary Loan services are available. View the ILL page, and note the ILL-FAQ tab for details. If we do not have the book or article you're looking for, we will do our best to borrow the item for you from another Library. PLEASE NOTE: We do not ILL textbooks. Further, ILL is a privilege that can be suspended.
- You must present your C# to check out materials. Your C# will be located on your student ID or in the Ivy Tech phone app.
- For patrons who prefer not to come into the building, you may search IvyCat, our online catalog, and place your items on hold. Then contact us through Ask-a-Librarian, and we will make arrangements to meet you at a designated door to deliver your items.
- Books, audio-books, and magazines may be renewed two times for 14 days each time..
- DVDs may be renewed one time for an additional 7 days.
- Items may be renewed in person by stopping by the Library in D123. You do not need to have the item with you.
- Items may also be renewed online by logging in to your IvyCat account through the website or the phone app. Ask at the Library service desk for assistance in setting up your account.
- Items may also be renewed by contacting us through our Ask-a-Librarian page.
- Items may be returned to the Library service desk or to the drop box just outside the library door.
- If you prefer not to come into the building, call us at 812-330-6080 or text us at 812-727-3075, and we will make arrangements to meet you at a designated door to pick up your items..
Using Computers and Printers
- 40 computer workstations with Microsoft Office software and Internet access are available.
- 2 stand-up/convertible computer desks are available.
- Respondus LockDown Browser is available on all student computers.
- Webcams are available for in-house use upon request. Ask at the desk for assistance.
- Wireless Internet access is available. Users will need to browse their available wireless networks and select appropriately either "IvyStudent," "IvyStaff," or "IvyGuest." An Ivy Tech username and password is required to access the IvyStaff and IvyStudent networks.
- Black & white printing and color printing are available from library computers or from your personal device. See Wireless printing for more details. Students are permitted a $5 print quota each semester. Black & white prints are 5 cents per page or 7 cents for duplexed pages. Color prints are 30 cents per page or 45 cents for duplexed pages. Additional print allotments may be purchased from the Business Office or through MyIvy. For Power Point presentations, please print multi-slides per page. Ask for assistance at the desk if needed.
- All patrons should be familiar with the college's Acceptable Use Policy before logging on to a computer
Other Technology, Equipment, and Supplies
- Earbuds are available upon request and do not need to be returned.
- Our Xerox printer also serves as a copier, scanner, and fax machine.
- Faxing - Currently, faxing to international numbers is not permitted. Fax to U.S. numbers only. Other restrictions may apply. Ask at the desk if you need assistance.
- Scanning - While we cannot scan complete books for you, we may be able to scan portions of books for you. Call ahead to inquire. When appropriate, we will upload scanned files to a secure location and send a link and password to your Ivy Tech email.
- Copying - Black & white copies are 5 cents per page. The machine accepts cash only and will make change. Credit/debit cards will not work.
- Occulus Virtual Reality Headsets
- Noise-Cancelling Headphones
- External Power Banks
- iPhone and Android Cell Phone Chargers
- Plentiful Number of Electrical Outlets
- Calculators (Regular, Scientific, and Graphing)
- DVD Viewing on Computers
- Audio Splitter Box for DVD Viewing by Multiple Users
- Paper Cutter
- Three-Hole Punch
- Scotch Tape
- Glue Sticks
- Paper Clips
Patrons with Disabilities
- For Disability Support Services (DSS), email Bloomington-DSS@ivytech.edu or call 812-330-6046. You can also visit the DSS website for more information.
- Wheelchair Accessible Facilities
- Closed Captioned Videos
- Accessibility Mode for Discover/IvyCat Searching
- Assistance in retrieving books, magazines, and videos from the shelves