Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Information you can find under each tab is below!
Need to install Microsoft Office or get a "Loaner Laptop"? Click here to find out how!
The Anderson Learning Center Hours
Enable Live Transcription in Zoom
"Help is Here!"
- Ivy Tech Help:
- On campus Childcare
- Anderson Ivy Cares for Personal Barriers
- Ask Anderson - How to get help for all your Ivy Tech Questions
- Thrive - Additional Help including Emergency Needs
- Outside help:
- Food Pantries
- Mental Health
- Health Care
- Housing and Utility Assistance
- Children and Families
- Tax Assistance
"Anderson - Loose Library"
- On Campus
- Formatting Papers
- Research Help
- Writing Center Help
- Ivy Kids Corner Coming Soon!
- Online - The Library website provides 24-hour access to:
- over 100,000 online books
- over 50,000 journals, magazines, and newspapers
- video and sound clips
- image galleries
- career information
- help with citing sources
and so much more!
"Supplemental Instruction (SI)"
Answers - What is Supplemental Instruction?
- SI Leader Contact Information
- SI Courses
- Session Times
- Zoom Links
The Tutoring Center offers but not limited to:
- Study Groups
- White Board Tables and Walls
- Study Tools
- Downloadable Study Documents
UNDERSTANDING TUTORING CENTER SERVICES
- Tutors will help you understand the concepts of your homework, but they will NOT do your homework for you.
- Tutors help students develop independent learning strategies.
- Tutors do not teach class material. If you have missed a class, contact your instructor.
- Tutors cannot assist with quizzes and tests in any form, including take-home quizzes and tests.
- Great News - Ivy Tech Anderson tutoring lab has opened up limited space to virtually tutor K-12 children of our students in math.
"The Writing Center"
- APA Guide
- MLA Guide
- Citing Sources Websites
- Downloadable "How To" Information
- An Effective Thesis
- Finding essay topics
- How do I address my audience’s needs when writing an essay?
- How do I know if a paragraph and essay are well-developed?
- How do I know if a source is good?
- How do you write a good title for an essay?
- How to have good organization in an essay?
- Principles for incorporating visuals
- Revision Tips and Techniques
- Self-Analysis for Revision
- Tips for Writing Timed Essays
- What is argument?
- Writing a Good Conclusion
- Writing a Good Introduction