Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Michigan City Library
The Michigan City Campus Library is for students, staff and public to find books, periodicals and online information that is needed for research or personal information. Find E-books, database articles and audio-visual materials for information gathering, studying, and testing. If you have questions or need help, the Library staff is here to assist you.
Gayle Simpson-Kolwyck, MLS
Michigan City Campus
(219) 879-9137 ext. 6223
Front desk: ext. 6257
- Hours & Locations
- Request Materials
- Ivy Tech Michigan City
- Inter-Library Loan - borrow materials from other libraries across the state
- Computer Access: There are four computers in the main library room and there is a computer lab that has 15 computers for student and staff use.
- Instruction - The Library can provide instructional support for your class and sessions will be tailored to your specific needs.
- Study Rooms - There are two rooms available for students and staff. To use these rooms, please see library personnel and sign in.
- Textbook Reserve Collection - contact the library for current titles
- Children's Literature Collection from classic titles (Alice's Adventures in Wonderland) to current ones (The Stars Beneath Our Feet).
- Periodicals Collection:
- American History
- Bloomberg Businessweek
- Cuisine at Home
- Psychology Today
Reserve Study Rooms
- The Library has two (2) small study rooms available for students and faculty to reserve for private study, group study, meetings or workshops.
- Study Room One has a computer workstation, projector, white board, and table with 6 chairs.
- Study Room Two has a table with 3 chairs and two lounge chairs. It does not have a computer workstation or whiteboard.
View the calendars below to see availability. Use this form to reserve a study room. If you have any questions, please use the Library Chat feature on the homepage to contact a staff member.
The Ivy Tech Community College - Michigan City Campus Library policies have been created with the following American Library Association statements and guidelines in mind:
Food and Drink Policy: Food is not allowed in the library. Drinks with covered lids are allowed in the library but not in the computer room.
The following testing services are available on-site at the Michigan City Library:
Are you ready to schedule your exam? Go to our online scheduling system:
Our Schedule Now system will provide you with center-specific hours of operation, contact information and other information relative to your exam.
Testing Services adheres to the National College Testing Association (NCTA) Professional Standards and Guidelines. Learn more.
For further Testing Services offered by Ivy Tech?