Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Use Google Scholar to access Ivy Tech library resources
In addition to the freely-available Web search engine, Google also offers a special tool for searching scholarly literature called Google Scholar.
It covers peer-reviewed papers, theses, books, preprints, abstracts and technical reports from many disciplines.
It is important to remember that not everything in Google Scholar is peer-reviewed.
Use the Google Scholar search box below or go directly to http://scholar.google.com.
When you link to an article from off campus
When you link to a full text article from off campus you will be presented with a log-in screen. Log in with your Campus Connect ID and password. (If you have already logged into Campus Connect and are using the Library tab, you should not be asked to log in again.)
Check to see if the journal is scholarly or refereed/peer-reviewed.
Here is more information from Google Scholar.
Full-Text @ Ivy Tech
- If you are on campus, Google Scholar recognizes that you are using an Ivy Tech computer. You will be able to link directly to many full text articles with no log-in required. Look for the "Full Text @ Ivy Tech" link on the title line on the search results list. Select this link to check for full-text access.
- If you are off campus, you might be prompted to submit your Campus Connect username and password when you link to Google Scholar or use a Google Scholar search box on a library web page.
- From the Google Scholar search screen:
- 1. Click on the hamburger menu in the upper left corner of the search screen window.
- 2. Select "Settings" or the gear in the frame on the left side of the window.
- 3. Select "Library Links" under Search Results on the left side of the window
- 4. Enter Ivy Tech Community College in the search box and press the Enter key.
- 4. Click the box next to Ivy Tech Community College - North Central - Full-Text @ Ivy Tech.
- 5. Click on the Save button
Screenshots of this process are provided below.
First - Click on the hamburger menu in the upper left corner.
Second - Click on Settings or the gear.
Third - On the left side of the page click on: Library links.
Third - Enter Ivy Tech Community College in the search box and press the Enter key. Click the box next to Ivy Tech Community College - North Central - Full-Text @ Ivy Tech. Now click on the Save button.