Gale’s Health & Wellness Resource Center provides access to the Gale Encyclopedia of Alternative Medicine, a four volume encyclopedia that provides information on diseases and alternative treatments.
To use the Health & Wellness Resource Center
- Sign into MyIvy at and click on the Library at the left side of the screen to access the Library website.
- Under Search & Find, click Articles.
- Under Navigate by Topic, click on Health & Medicine.
- Click on Health and Wellness Resource Center.
Access Gale Encyclopedia of Alternative Medicine
You can customize your searches in the Health & Wellness Resource Center to find results in specific publications. This is the easiest way to find articles in the Gale Encyclopedia of Alternative Medicine.
- Click the Advanced Search button at the top right of the screen, next to the search box.
- Type your topic term(s) into the search boxes.
- Scroll down to More Options and uncheck the box that says Peer-Reviewed Journals.
- Scroll down to by publication title and type Gale Encyclopedia of Alternative Medicine. A list will show up as you type and you will be able to click on the title. You can add multiple titles if you choose.
- Click the blue Search button underneath your search terms.
Browse Search Results
From the Search Results page, you can see the different documents found for your topic.
Each entry will list a title, author, and other publication information that will be helpful for your citation page. You should cite this source as an encyclopedia article found in a database (Gale Health & Wellness Resource Center).
- Click on a title to read the entire document.
- Use the blue buttons at the bottom of each entry to download a PDF of the document or save it to a folder on Gale. You can log into Gale using an existing Google or Microsoft account.
- Click Show More Results at the bottom of the list to see more entries.
Viewing a Full Entry
After clicking on a document title in the Search Results, you are taken to the full document.
On this page, you will find
- A button to listen to the document.
- Links to navigate the parts of the document (or you can just scroll!).
- The full text of the document with different sections depending on the topic.
If you decide you no longer wish to use this document, you can use the Results link at the top of the page to go back to your Search Results.
You can use the Tools at the right side of the screen to manipulate the document. These will allow you to
- Highlight or make notes on the document.
- Send it to your Google Drive or OneDrive.
- Print, email, or save the document.
At the very bottom of the page, you will find detailed citation information, which you can use with NoodleTools to create your own citation.